When troubleshooting issues or crashes, we will request a more detailed bug report so our development team can determine what is happening.
Please provide us with the following information:
- Email address linked to the account?
- What is the app that crashed?
- What device are you using?
- What operating system version are you using?
- What is the Drops app version? (Found at the bottom of Profile but only if you can access the app)
- What were you doing when the app crashed? (screen recording if possible)
The Drops team may also need you to submit crash logs from your device. Here is how you can get it:
- Navigate to your device Settings > Privacy > Analytics & Improvements > Analytics Data.
- Scroll through this list to find Drops events. The list is alphabetical.
- Tap one of these events.
- Tap the share icon at the top right.
Step 1: Enable Developer Options
Enabling Developer Options on your Android device gives you a few more advanced settings. Other than making these additional settings visible, it will not make any changes to your device. Here’s how to enable them:
Visit your device’s Settings app and select About phone or About tablet. It is typically the last one in the main Settings or if the Settings app is broken into sections, it might be in a tab like “General" or “Device”.
In the “About” section, scroll down to the Build number - it’s typically the last one - and tap it 10 times until you see a message that says “You are now a developer!”. Developer Options are now enabled.
Tap the back button to leave the “About” page. The new Developer Options item will now be shown directly under or above “About phone”.
Step 2: Capture a Bug Report
Here’s how to capture a Bug Report and send it to Pocket:
Reproduce the issue that you’re seeing. For example, complete the steps that cause Drops to crash.
After reproducing the issue, go into the main Settings app and select Developer Options.
Tap Take bug report (you may need to toggle the “On" switch at the top first). After a few minutes, you will receive a prompt to email the bug report.
Note: If the Take bug report option is disabled, please try enabling the USB Debugging option in Developer Options and try again.